Various scientific studies show that people who drink tea, especially green tea, lose weight faster than people who do not. It is therefore time to store your sports bag and set up your tea kettle! Below are few methods that you can used to lose weight by drinking tea.
- Method 1: Overview of How Tea Helps You To Lose Weight
- Method 2: Choosing The Tea And Supplies
- Method 3: Developing A Daily Routine
- Take a hot cup of tea to satisfy your craving for something sweet in the afternoon
- Method 4: Stay in Gemo tea
Method 1: Overview of How Tea Helps You To Lose Weight
Choose a tea based on its effectiveness and your personal preferences
It is best to take a tea that you like to drink, but you should know that certain teas are more effective for weight loss than others.
Most effective: green, white or oolong
Fairly effective: black
Less effective: decaffeinated or herbal
Harmful if you drink too much: sweet tea, slimming tea
Drink tea every day, make it a habit
Find ways to form a healthy tea drink habit. This is easiest if you make ‘tea time’ a regularly recurring thing. Drink a cup in the morning and one in the afternoon, then take a herbal tea or decaffeinated tea before going to bed, as they are still effective without the caffeine.
- Replace morning coffee with tea.
- Put tea in advance and cool it as iced tea on hot days.
Do not add anything to your tea
Milk and sugar will negate any weight loss. You will have to get used to drinking your tea black without any additives.
Drink tea to fight tasty appetite
Tea is a great way to help you regulate your digestion. But for the best results, start drinking tea as soon as you start to get into something sweet or unhealthy. Usually a hot cup of tea will be enough to satisfy your stomach and avoid the temptation.
Method 2: Choosing The Tea And Supplies
Choose a tea that you like
Although many studies focus on green tea, it is important to find a type of tea (green or other) that you like. Some green teas are quite strong in taste and if you are not used to it you may not find it so delicious – others are delicious even for someone who just starts it.
- Green and white tea: Lightly processed tea leaves, available in various variations and flavors.
- Black tea: This comes from the same plant as the green tea, only the processing is different. As a result, the substances you waste through (tea Flavonoids and Thearubigins) are more complex than with green tea. They are still there but it is better to take them in less complex form. In other words, green tea makes you fall off faster than black tea.
- Oolong: According to some, Oolong tea increases your metabolism by as much as 10%. Green tea only increases this by 4%.
- Decaffeinated tea: Each of the variants mentioned above, where the caffeine has been removed. Caffeine helps with weight loss, but this tea contains enough other useful substances.
- Herbal tea: All teas of plants, except the traditional tea plant. Usually less effective, but still a good choice to replace drinks with a lot of calories.
Be careful with slimming tea
Although slimming tea tastes the same as black tea or herbal tea can slimming tea contain a laxative. Experts warn about drinking too much slimming tea because you may suffer from vomiting, nausea, persistent diarrhoea, abdominal cramps and even fainting and dehydration.
Drink slimming tea in moderation, especially if the tea contains Senna, Aloe, Agarwood, Rhubarb, Buckthorn or Castor Oil!
- The concept of slimming tea is actually misleading – every unsweetened, natural tea can cause weight loss. Certain teas do work as a laxative or prevent fat from being absorbed into the body and therefore they are labelled as slimming tea and put on the market. Remember that laxatives only empty your colon (the calories you already have inside). Initially you lose water, but the moment you drink something that weight immediately comes back.
- A cup is enough. Really. You will regret it if you drink more.
Read the ingredients on the labels
There are so many teas available nowadays that it can be difficult to determine where you start. A good way is to start reading the ingredients on the label. If it contains sugar or added sweeteners, put it back on the shelf.
This does not mean that you have to avoid green tea with a taste. Yes, some species contain sugar, but others do not. And if you stick to only natural ingredients, that’s better for you and the size of your waist.
Make it easy to brew (and drink) tea
A threshold that people often have to do is to make tea, which actually does not cost as much effort as it may seem. Although you can easily put a cup of tea in the microwave (pour water into an earthenware cup and heat it for two minutes until it boils and then add the tea bag) you can make it even easier for yourself:
- Buy an electric kettle. These are available in department stores and various shops. They are very easy to use. All you have to do is fill the kettle with water, turn the button on and wait a minute until it boils. You can keep the rest of the boiled water warm in a thermos flask. Add green tea and put it on your kitchen counter or desk so you can easily pour a cup if you feel like it.
- Buy an ice cream maker. In the warmer months you may not always feel like hot tea. It is then nice to take a cool drink. If you drink iced tea you still get tea. Just like with the kettle, fill the machine with water; add ice cream according to the manufacturer’s instructions and tea bags. Turn it on and start drinking fresh iced tea after a few minutes.
- Make iced tea in the evening so that you have delicious cold iced tea the next day. Put black tea, let it cool in a bowl and add fresh peppermint leaves. When the tea has cooled completely, squeeze a half a lemon above the bowl. Pour it into a bottle and put the drink in the refrigerator, serve with ice cubes and you’re done. The useful thing is that you have a nice drink throughout the day. On the internet you can find many recipes, choose one that appeals to you.
Method 3: Developing A Daily Routine
Make tea drinking a daily habit
To experience the benefits of tea drinking you have to do it every day,
as often as possible.
Do not add cream, milk or sugar to your tea if you are trying to lose weight.
However, if it is not easy and tasty, you will not keep it going. How can you ensure that you continue to drink tea?
- You start well if you have a stock of tasty tea and all the essentials in your home and at work: teas, a tea cup that you like to drink, a thermos flask, kettle / tea kettle and microwave / stove.
- Ask an Englishman about it – he will agree that drinking tea is meant to be in company. If putting a whole pot of tea seems futile to yourself, involve others in it. At work you can also make tea for your colleagues. Drink a cup of tea late in the evening with your relatives or housemates. If drinking tea becomes a social activity you will enjoy it and want to do it more often.
Replace the cup of coffee in the morning with tea
Tea drinkers also get fewer calories, especially by not drinking coffee in a cafe / restaurant / lunchroom or from a vending machine. Because coffee sometimes has a lot of calories in contrast to the tea that you drink elsewhere.
As mentioned above, it is important that you drink your tea without sugar and milk. The addition of milk neutralises the fat-dissolving effect of tea (the flavonoids). In fact, studies show that skim milk is perhaps the worst! Weird?
This research is based on cow’s milk. You can also try almond or soy milk. Keep in mind, however, that the weight loss effect of the tea may then be lost.
Ask for (unsweetened) iced tea instead of soft drinks during lunch and evening meals.
Sweet and sugar-free drinks are well known for you. The sodium in sugar-free cola can lead to water retention, so choose the smart alternative – sugar free iced tea. Iced tea is also a good alternative if you need a small caffeine boost in the afternoon. It will have the same effect on you as the sugar or sodium in soft drinks.
The power of falling through tea lies in the fact that you do not drink anything else. Tea contains few calories (if you do it right) and ensures that you do not drink other high-calorie drinks. It is the same concept as just drinking water to lose weight.
Take a hot cup of tea to satisfy your craving for something sweet in the afternoon
Even though the cookies and chips in the machine call your name, make a cup of tea instead of something to eat. If you opt for green tea, this may help you keep your appetite under control as green tea contains the ECGE substance. This substance lowers your blood sugar level, which in turn has an effect on your craving for sugar.
Also, putting a cup of tea (as opposed to throwing a few coins in a machine) is a nice little break at work or during the job you’re doing – you can generate positive thoughts in yourself at that moment and you also make a conscious choice to give your body good substances instead of empty calories from bars on the machine. Take a moment to talk to someone in the room where you put your tea. It is a very good way to relax, stretch and make contact with others, and all in five minutes!
Drink a glass of cold tea before you eat in the evening
This ensures that a part of your stomach is already filled so you are less hungry. (Of course, eating a good evening meal is still important). Cold tea is also important because it needs to be warmed up by the body to convert the substances into energy; so you consume calories and you fall off.
Take a cup of herbal tea (without caffeine) before you go to sleep
Apart from losing weight, a cup of herbal tea helps to relax your body and mind. Because a good night’s rest also helps you to lose weight, you can kill two birds with one stone.
Please note, that you do not drink too much because otherwise you have to go to the bathroom at night, especially if you are pregnant or have incontinence complaints.
Choose the right tea at the right time
Some experts believe that drinking certain teas at a certain time will cause you to lose more. Although tea drinking in general is good for you, you can find out for yourself what works well for you.
- White tea prevents the absorption of fat, so drink this for lunch.
- Blueberry tea can keep your sugar level in balance, so drink it before your evening meal.
- Pu’er tea, Green and Oolong tea can help your metabolism get started, so drink it in the morning (and during the day!)
Drink tea when you’re on the go
Nowadays people are much too much on the road in a day. Make traveling back and forth more enjoyable by seeing it as your possibility to sit down and have a cup of tea. Make sure you have a thermos (or two) with you to make this easy. Prepare the tea in advance so that you can enjoy it all day long.
This whole article is the same: drink, drink and drink tea so that your stomach is full and you do not want to take anything else.
Pay attention to your intake of caffeine
Some teas also contain caffeine but of course not as much as a cup of coffee, but if you drink tea with caffeine 24 hours a day it is quite a lot! Although, strictly speaking, caffeine does not have a drying effect, a cup of tea contains 50 mg of caffeine. Do not exceed the 300 mg limit.
You can make the tea less strong (so that less caffeine is released in the tea) or just drink teas that do not contain caffeine. Although it is not a problem for most people, there are people who are very sensitive to caffeine. High doses of caffeine can cause insomnia or a feeling of being rushed. The symptoms can continue for hours after they are taken.
Method 4: Stay in Gemo tea
Complete your tea routine with a healthy diet
Let’s be realistic: if you do not see results quickly with a new diet, you will not last long. Although drinking tea is a good idea, you will achieve faster and better results if you also follow a healthy diet. These two combined make you an appearance that no one can ignore!
Do you know what tastes very good with tea? Whole grain cereals, fruit, vegetables and dairy products with low fat. If you are good at making tea, why not prepare your own healthy meal when you’re at it? If you stop eating processed and pre-packaged food and make everything yourself, at least you know what you eat.
Your taste buds get it after a while to get the same taste again and again. Would you like to eat the same thing every day? To continue the habit of tea drinking you can try different flavors and varieties. It can be very nice to make tea if you have a wide choice and can choose tea that best fits your mood at that moment.
Add honey or candy to your tea. This, however, goes against your intention to lose weight – but a little bit of honey or sweets might make the tea taste better. If you do it occasionally it can not do much harm or only do it with green tea because it can sometimes be bitter.
Put a dollop of fat-free cream or a slice of lemon in your tea to flavor the tea. Lemon can increase the intensity of the taste. Studies also indicate that people who put lemon in their black tea are less likely to develop skin cancer.
Try out new teas, the options are endless
There are even so many that you will probably never taste them all in your life. If you are a true tea fan, you probably enjoy learning about new teas and flavors.
Here are some interesting teas that would encourage weight loss:
- Star anise: this promotes digestion and can relieve pain in your stomach.
- Peppermint tea reduces appetite and accelerates bowel movements.
- Rosehip tea prevents constipation and contains many vitamins.
- Puerh tea shrinks fat cells (so drink this in the morning).
- Bird wall tea: reduces bloating and is slightly diuretic (stick with a cup).
In order to stick to your habit of drinking tea, it is better to make your own tea or use one type at a time than to take a mix because they often contain a lot of sugar or artificial flavors and flavors.
Try to be attentive in the here and now when you drink tea
Following a diet is often about man’s tendency to crave food and to think that you are short of food. Mindfulness helps you to eat consciously again and to be calm and in control of the choices you make regarding your food intake. Even if you do not feel like tea, keep it ready to resist the craving for fat or sweet food.
- Take a look on the internet for information about the ritual of drinking tea. Man has been doing this for centuries and not so! In Japan it is even an art form.
- Also look up information about drinking tea as a meditation. Have you ever to feel relaxed? You are about to experience it!
Know your material
Although not every scientist believes that drinking tea is the magic solution to obesity, every dietitian agrees that you will lose more if you flush your system with water or tea than if you eat chocolate bars and drink lemonade. Your digestive system works better and you avoid eating unhealthy snacks when you drink tea. Whether it’s magical or not, it’s good for you.
icon-arrow-circle-o-right Many teas have a healing effect such as strengthening your heart, prevent tooth decay, give you a positive feeling, strengthen your immune system, etc. It is important that you inform yourself well about the different effects.
icon-arrow-circle-o-right If you drink 3-5 cups of green tea a day you can burn 50-100 calories.
icon-arrow-circle-o-right Be careful with non-fat milk and sugar-free sweeteners because they can be very unhealthy and may contain aspartame, for example.
icon-arrow-circle-o-right Researchers at the University of Maryland Medical C enter recommend drinking 2 to 3 cups of green tea a day to stay healthy or become or lose weight.
icon-arrow-circle-o-right Also eat healthy, you see faster results.
icon-arrow-circle-o-right Stick to your diet by drinking the tea, without sugar or milk.
icon-arrow-circle-o-right You can lose a kilogram per week by drinking green tea three times a day every day.
Excessive consumption of tea can lead to a disruption in iron absorption.
icon-times-circle-o Tea has a limited shelf life, although it remains good for a long time.
icon-times-circle-o Make room in your kitchen or pantry for all your tea.
icon-times-circle-o If you make a new diet or fitness plan, first consult your doctor so that the plan fits well with your needs, body and situation.
icon-times-circle-o Some teas can be harmful, such as Comfrey that can damage the liver due to the Pyrrolizidine Alkaloids it contains.
icon-times-circle-o Drinking excessive amounts of black tea can cause an attack on your teeth. Be prepared to use teeth whitening if you want to continue with it and love a white smile.
icon-times-circle-o Caffeine can stand in the way of a good night’s sleep. Do not drink caffeinated drinks for at least 3 hours before you go to sleep.
icon-times-circle-o Consult your doctor first if you are going to drastically change your diet.
icon-times-circle-o Drinking more than three cups of tea per day can cause dental problems and sleep problems.